Substitute Teacher (Early Childhood)
Become the Teacher You Imagine You Can Be!
Join the teaching team at Imagine Early Learning Centers
Position: Substitute Teacher (Infant, Toddler, or PreK)
Location: Holtsville, Long Island
Imagine Early Learning Centers seeks a SubstituteTeacher for our childhood center located in Holtsville, Long Island.
We are seeking an energetic and creative professional to join a team providing the highest quality childcare for working families. Our center is a safe, nurturing, fun and friendly environment. Classrooms range from 6 weeks to 5 years old.
- Participating in planning and implementing developmentally appropriate curriculum
- Effective communication with families and co-teachers
- Ability to adhere to licensing and NAEYC guidelines
- Effective written communication skills
- Ability to meet physical requirements of position which include lifting children, pushing strollers/buggies, sitting on the floor and year-round daily outdoor activities.
- CDA or Associates Degree in Early Childhood, Elementary, Special Education, Psychology or related field preferred but not required (or in progress)
- Previous experience teaching children in an Early Childhood program preferred
- BA in Early Childhood, Elementary, Special Education or related field a plus
- Previous experience with NAEYC standards and the accreditation process a plus
Who We Are
Imagine Early Learning Centers, an employee owned child care management company, operates ten high quality, full day licensed and NAEYC accredited Early Childhood centers in the NY metro area for children 6 weeks to 5-years-old. With state of the art facilities, professional development opportunities for promotion, a teamwork approach to classroom and center management, and a creative and rewarding work environment, Imagine maintains a satisfied and talented teacher staff. At Imagine, we know children, as well as staff and families, thrive in a stimulating and nurturing environment. Staff, children and families alike are valued as individuals and as members of our diverse community.
Imagine Early Learning Centers is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.