UPK Teacher/Assistant Director
Become the Teacher You Imagine You Can Be!
Join the teaching team at Imagine Early Learning Centers.
Position: Pre-K Teacher/Assistant Director
Location: Brooklyn Heights, Brooklyn
Imagine Early Learning Centers seeks a Full-time Teacher/Assistant Director for our Pre-K classroom at our Brooklyn Heights location in Brooklyn, NY. Our center is a safe, nurturing, fun and friendly environment
We are seeking an experienced, energetic, and creative professional looking to join a team providing the highest quality childcare for working families. While you will primarily serve as a UPK teacher and work in the classroom, this position will be a dual role and is perfect for someone looking to move up and develop expertise in education administration. Most importantly, we are seeking a head teacher who is NYS Certified B-2.
- Participating in planning and implementing developmentally appropriate curriculum
- Effective communication with families and co-teachers
- Ability to adhere to licensing and NAEYC guidelines
- Effective written communication skills
- Ability to meet physical requirements of position which include lifting children, pushing strollers/buggies, sitting on the floor and year-round daily outdoor activities.
Competitive salaries and benefits including:
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- Supplemental Insurance (NY Life, Aflac)
- Transit Chek (Commuter Benefit)
- Tuition Reimbursement/Degree Incentive Reward
- Educational support programs available
- Childcare Discount where available
- Professional Development
Additionally, in 2018 Imagine officially became an employee owned company through the creation of an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan). What this means is not only do we value and possess an ownership culture, all qualified employees at Imagine receive a retirement benefit without paying any contributions to the fund themselves.
- Minimum of BA in Early Childhood, Elementary, Special Education or related field
- NY State B-2 Certification REQUIRED
- MA in Early Childhood, Elementary, Special Education or related field, a plus
- Previous experience teaching children in an Early Childhood program
- Previous experience with NAEYC standards and the accreditation process a plus
Who We Are:
Imagine Early Learning Centers, an employee owned child care management company, operates ten high quality, full day licensed and NAEYC accredited Early Childhood centers in the NY metro area for children 6 weeks to 5-years-old. With state of the art facilities, professional development opportunities for promotion, a teamwork approach to classroom and center management, and a creative and rewarding work environment, Imagine maintains a satisfied and talented teacher staff. At Imagine, we know children, as well as staff and families, thrive in a stimulating and nurturing environment. Staff, children and families alike are valued as individuals and as members of our diverse community.
Imagine Early Learning Centers is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.