Substitute Teacher (Early Childhood)
Become the Teacher You Imagine You Can Be!
Join the teaching team at Imagine Early Learning Centers.
Position: Substitute Teacher
Location: Jamaica, Queens
Imagine Early Learning Centers seeks a per diem Substitute Teacher to work at its childcare center in Jamaica Queens. Classrooms range from 2 months to 5 years old. Our center is a safe, nurturing, fun and friendly environment.
We are seeking an experienced, energetic and creative professional to join a team providing the highest quality childcare for working families.
- Participating in planning and implementing developmentally appropriate curriculum
- Effective communication with families and co-teachers
- Ability to adhere to licensing and NAEYC guidelines
- Effective written communication skills
- Ability to meet physical requirements of position which include lifting children, pushing strollers/buggies, sitting on the floor and year-round daily outdoor activities.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Minimum of HS Diploma or GED
- CDA or AA/BA in Early Childhood Education, Elementary, Special Education or related field (or degree in progress) preferred
- Previous experience teaching children in an Early Childhood program preferred
- Previous experience with NAEYC standards and the accreditation process preferred
Who We Are
Imagine Early Learning Centers, an employee owned child care management company, operates ten high quality, full day licensed and NAEYC accredited Early Childhood centers in the NY metro area for children 6 weeks to 5-years-old. With state of the art facilities, professional development opportunities for promotion, a teamwork approach to classroom and center management, and a creative and rewarding work environment, Imagine maintains a satisfied and talented teacher staff. At Imagine, we know children, as well as staff and families, thrive in a stimulating and nurturing environment. Staff, children and families alike are valued as individuals and as members of our diverse community.
Imagine Early Learning Centers is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.