Become the Teacher You Imagine You Can Be!
Join the teaching team at Imagine Early Learning Centers.
Position: Assistant Teacher
Location: Brooklyn Heights, Brooklyn
$500 Sign on Taxable Bonus Currently available for COVID. Paid after 3 months completion of successful employment.
Safely operating with extensive Covid-19 protocols.
Imagine Early Learning Centers seeks a Full-time Assistant Teacher for our childhood center located in Brooklyn Heights. Our center is a safe, nurturing, fun and friendly environment. Classrooms range from 6 weeks to 5 years old.
We are seeking an experienced, energetic and creative professional to join a team providing the highest quality childcare for working families.
- Participating in planning and implementing developmentally appropriate curriculum
- Effective communication with families and co-teachers
- Ability to adhere to licensing and NAEYC guidelines
- Effective written communication skills
- Ability to meet physical requirements of position which include lifting children, pushing strollers/buggies, sitting on the floor and year-round daily outdoor activities.
Competitive salaries and benefits including:
- Paid Time Off (Vacation and Sick)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Supplemental Insurance (NY Life, Aflac)
- Commuter Benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement/Degree Incentive Reward
- Educational Support Programs available
- Childcare Discount where available
- Professional Development
- $500 Sign on Taxable Bonus
- Minimum of CDA or AA in Early Childhood, Elementary, Special Education or related field required (or in progress)
- Previous experience teaching children in an Early Childhood program required
- BA in Early Childhood, Elementary, Special Education or related field a plus
- Previous experience with NAEYC standards and the accreditation process preferred
Who We Are
Imagine Early Learning Centers, an employee owned child care management company, operates ten high quality, full day licensed and NAEYC accredited Early Childhood centers in the NY metro area for children 6 weeks to 5-years-old. With state of the art facilities, professional development opportunities for promotion, a teamwork approach to classroom and center management, and a creative and rewarding work environment, Imagine maintains a satisfied and talented teacher staff. At Imagine, we know children, as well as staff and families, thrive in a stimulating and nurturing environment. Staff, children and families alike are valued as individuals and as members of our diverse community.
Imagine Early Learning Centers is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.